Friday, June 6, 2008

Growing Like a Weed











Eva has really changed over the past few days. She is alert for more of the day and her appetite has really increased. She is wearing me out!! A week ago she had a hard time finishing an ounce of the supplement. This afternoon she finished 2 ounces without any problem! I love that she is growing, but still frustrated about my feeding situation. For those of you that don't know, I am not making enough milk for her so I am having to use a supplement in addition to breast feeding. I am working on being okay with bottles, but for now, I am using a SNS system in my efforts to stimulate more milk. It has been a frustrating journey with a ton of post-partum tears shed, but one thing that has amazed me is the number of women that had the same problem with their infant - and that have tried all of the things that I am trying (nasty tea, herbal supplements, pumping, etc). Pregnancy magazines don't tell you about all those fun options:) The only reason I feel comfortable blogging about this topic is because it has pretty much consumed my life for the past few weeks and I hope that I can be a support for my friends in the future if they encounter the same problems that I have....


Gilbert still in his work clothes. It is amazing how time flies when he gets home from work. I used to wonder how married people with children would complain that they never had time to talk. Now I know why...
Making funny faces.



Gilbert laid her in the crib and turned on the mobile. She loved watching the shadows it made on the quilt.

2 comments:

The Cissells said...

She is getting so big.
There's a lot those parenting magazines don't tell you. Experience is really the best teacher.

Unknown said...

I too had a breast-feeding problem. It was very hard to accept with all the hormones that we Mom's get to deal with afterwards. Ten years later (yes..it's been 10 years, and he's 5 foot tall), and I am just happy he made it through his infancy healthy...especially having had me as a Mom. :)

Keep one thing in mind Julie Sue...God's in charge. Just because you aren't producing enough, doesn't mean that you aren't giving her what you need. She needs love and care, and with both you have no problem producing. You are an excellent mother. That can be seen very clearly in this blog. Keep up the great work Mom! :)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker