Sunday, June 29, 2008

Baby Wearing


While pregnant I did a lot of reading and decided that I was all for baby wearing. So for my birthday Gilbert purchased me a very nice (and very pricey) baby sling. Problem is, Eva is just too little for it. I am sure it will be great when she gets a little bigger, but so far it has gotten zero usage.

I then decided to get a different type of sling - one that was a little more structured. This sling works well when you are grocery shopping or vacuuming (as Gilbert demonstrated a few weeks ago), but doesn't really work well for sitting and typing:)

So I am now on my third sling - and it is wonderful. It is called a Moby Wrap and is basically a huge piece of fabric that you wrap around yourself and the baby. It works for preemies - so I knew it wouldn't be too big for Eva! So far I have used it around the house when doing housework and have also used it while I work. I have found that sometimes putting Eva in it is the only way I can guarantee that she will take a nap - it really has a calming effect on her.

Last night we needed to go to both Wal-Mart and Target - so we decided to divide and conquer. I didn't know how I would manage her and a cart full of groceries by myself, so I put on my Moby Wrap. It worked like a charm!

Babies just love being close - and mine is no exception. Note her hand placement in the picture. She is so silly - even when sleeping!

1 comment:

The Cissells said...

She looks awful cozy in that wrap.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker