Friday, June 6, 2008

Family Jewels

Over the past 30+ years my Dad has purchased some amazing gems for my Mom. My sister and I have already divided them up - although there are a few pieces that we haven't agreed upon:)


My Mom's favorite stone is her birthstone - an emerald. Amy also likes emeralds, so when we negotiated our gem inheritance, Amy got the emeralds.


Eva's birthstone is also an emerald.


When Dad was here, I told him about a ring that I have that belonged to my Great Great Aunt Helen. It is a beautiful antique ring and I was looking to replace the crystal stone with a real gem. It just so happened that my Dad had 2 loose emeralds with him and offered one to me to put in the ring.


Now I have a beautiful ring to pass along to my daughter along with a little history. Thanks Dad!

2 comments:

The Cissells said...

The ring looks really pretty J. Don't think you are getting dibs on the emralds now that they are Eva's birthstone. Not gonna happen.

thebanetfamily said...

But that would mean you would get the rubys, Amy. Julia...it is a beautiful ring!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker