Sunday, March 2, 2008

Chicago Trip

This Friday I went to Chicago for work. We have a lot of loan officers and branches there - and I needed to go and check out a particular one. Luckily my sister agreed to come with me. Driving in any city - especially Chicago terrifies me. Plus, who wants to be all alone on a business trip?? The trip was initially scheduled for a month ago, but snow kept us from going as planned. The weather was better this time - there was a little snow on the ground - but nothing that interfered with us getting around.

The first stop was work. The 2nd and 3rd work stops were cancelled. Long story.... But that gave us an opportunity to get checked into our hotel in Schaumburg (where our parents used to live!) and visit a neighborhood Dunkin Donuts. Dunkin Donuts in Chicago was like Starbucks in Austin. There was one every few blocks. Unbelievable. Here we are sampling our afternoon snack.

Goofing off in the elevator



Friday night we had dinner at Shaw's Crab House (or maybe it was Lobster House - I can't remember.....). The seafood was delicious - and lucky for me - I was in one of my hungry streaks where I really could eat anything in sight. It was great to enjoy a nice meal with my sister.

To your left, you will see a $10 glass of wine. Crazy.



The following morning we got up early because Amy had scheduled massages for us. I hadn't had a massage since my first trimester (where I could lay on my back), so I wasn't sure how everything would work. It was wonderfully relaxing and just the perfect thing. After our massages, we visited a local breakfast restaurant where I had banana bread french toast (have to get in my servings of fruit!!) and Amy had some apple crepe things. It was fantastic!!


After we got ready and checked out of the hotel we made our next stop at the Woodfield Mall. I think we only went to 2 wings of this huge mall - but we both did some damage!! We got some super cute things for Sophia & Eva. We were eying the outfits at Janie and Jack - talking about what we would dress the girls in for their first picture together. We shopped all the way up until it was time to leave for the airport.



Thanks for coming with me Amy. I had a really great time! We will have to do it again - maybe next time in New York after I win the lotto??

1 comment:

The Cissells said...

It was a lot of fun. When the girls get older (much older) we can include them on the trips.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker