Monday, May 25, 2009

A Day of Firsts

Today was a day of firsts for Eva.

1) She colored! We went to IHOP after church with Mom and Dad and she grabbed the crayons as Gilbert and Mimi showed her how to color. Yes, she did put them in her mouth, but she also did a great job once she got the hang of it!

2) Climbing up stairs. We always keep a gate at the bottom of the stairs, but since the dogs were outside and we were having guests over, we took the gate off. Eva used that as her opportunity to climb up the stairs. She loves it!

3) Held out her arms to Amy and actually let Amy hold her with me standing right there. Eva has been around my sister on a regular basis since she was 5 months old. But she usually won't go to her and stay with her if I am around. But at the party she held out her arms to Amy and cuddled with her. I loved it, Eva loved it and Amy loved it!

One other story that I have to share....Eva is now fine with Gilbert or my Mom putting her down for bed or a nap. This is a HUGE accomplishment as for a long time I was the only one that could put her down. She also lets you know when she is ready for bed. With Gilbert and my Mom she will go over and want them to pull her in their lap. She will usually give a hug then turn around, sit on their knee and hum herself to sleep! We have Eva on a flexible schedule - meaning that she naps and eats at regular intervals - but not necessarily at the same clock time each day - since we start the intervals at whatever time she wakes up (which lately has been anywhere from 6:00 - 7:30 AM). There are still times when she only wants me, but she is getting better and better about being with others. When I left her with my Mom on Friday, she didn't even fuss or go to look for me. Freedom is near!!!

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker