Monday, October 20, 2008

Stage 1 Foods


Eva turned 5 months old on Sunday and we decided to go ahead and try her on some stage 1 food. She was getting tired of the rice cereal and was taking an active interest in whatever we are eating or drinking. So I decided to start off with some yellow squash. My sister suggested that I purchase a jar first to make sure that she liked it before making my own - but I just really didn't want to give her food from a jar.

So I bought the squash and boiled it until soft. Then I used Amy's Foley food mill to mush it down.

Gilbert fed it to her and she really seemed to like it!

So I am going to the store tomorrow to buy some more squash for her. But this time I am going to steam it instead of boiling - to make sure all the nutrients don't get boiled into the water! If all goes well the next few days with the squash, I am going to try zucchini next, then maybe green beans and peas. I want to save the sweeter veggies like carrots and sweet potatoes for later.

2 comments:

The Cissells said...

next up...doughnuts!

Ms. Kitty said...

She is looking so adorable! Those eyes are gorgeous!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker