Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gardening


We had perfect weather this weekend. On Saturday Gilbert had the day off (for Krista's wedding) and it was so nice for both of us to have the day off. That hardly ever happens!! We ran tons of errands - including a trip to Lowe's to buy a few new plants and some stuff for the lawn. After church on Sunday, we got to work. Well, Gilbert did most of the work. I sat outside and worked on my tan while Gilbert mowed the lawn. And then I supervised him planting our new plants. I did a little work myself - which involved him dumping mulch in the flower bed and me spreading it around. And I also watered the new plants. I tried to contribute!!! Then I had to go inside so Gilbert could treat the yard for weeds. We both decided that I shouldn't breathe any of those chemicals. If it isn't safe for dogs, I am sure it isn't safe for pregnant women!! Gilbert did a fantastic job - let's just hope we can keep the new plants alive:)

2 comments:

The Cissells said...

The landscaping looks nice. Maybe I will have to have Gilberto help with our yard. It is so sad and in need of an expert hand.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Your plants are lovely.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker