Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby Shower

This past weekend my Mom, sister and Sophia all flew to Austin to throw me a baby shower. Jenny and Jorge offered to have it at their house - which was wonderful! The biggest surprise of the shower was from my Aunt Cheryl and cousin Suzie. They surprised me on Saturday afternoon by showing up at my house. They flew in from Florida just for the shower. I couldn't have asked for a better surprise!!

The weather on Saturday was perfect and we spent most of the shower outside. My sister took lots of pictures of the decorations and the food, so I will have to do a separate blog with some of those pictures. My Mom made a beautiful fruit arrangement and lots and lots of cupcakes (my special request!). Amy put the games together. First was "The Price is Right" where people had to guess the prices of some baby items. She made a very lovely Bob Barker poster which will have to make an appearance at baby showers in the future!! We also played a relay game in which each team had to dress and undress a baby doll. I took a lot of pictures of that event - but none of the 2nd game which was pictionary.

We received so many lovely presents and are so grateful to have so many people that care about us. Thank you to everyone who came to the shower - and a huge thank you to my Mom, sister, Aunt Cheryl, Suzie, Jenny and Jorge. You all helped to make the shower so memorable!

The Games

Gilbert dressing the baby. Good thing you didn't get points deducted for not being gentle:)

Megan getting in some good practice for her upcoming Aunt role.

Jenny - the pro

Jeff - who said he wouldn't play any shower games:)

Lupe - the competitive one on our team!

I felt so much pressure. My hands wouldn't move fast enough!



The Gifts

We got a lot of cute Pooh stuff. My Mom reminded me that I loved Pooh as a child.

Gilbert having fun with tissue paper.

Isn't this an awesome gift bag? My sister got Eva 4 pairs of shoes. Wow!

Gilbert modeling Eva's bikini.

The Guests

Joanna. I don't know why she looks so sad:(

Me & Megan

Enjoying the evening

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker