Friday, September 19, 2008

Dinner Time!!

Eva has been waking up more at night the past week or so. It has been really tough on Gilbert and I - especially since we both have a lot going on with work and with putting the house on the market and preparing to move. Since she is now 4 months old, I did some online research on when to start rice cereal. Many of the websites said that 4 months was a good time to start - so after consulting with my medical professionals (i.e. my mom and sister) I decided it was time to give it a shot! I looked for recipes online - as I wanted to make it myself. But my Mom gave me good advice and told me I could be a naturalist later - but to make it easy on myself and just buy the boxed rice cereal and mix in a little bit of apple juice for taste. I was prepared for her to not be interested or to spit most of it out, but by the 3rd spoonful or so, she really had the hang of it. And she started crying if I didn't give it to her fast enough! I guess it was the right time to start. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Gilbert and I can at least get 4 consecutive hours of sleep tonight!


Getting ready for her first meal in her Bumbo.

First taste

That wasn't so bad!

Pleased with herself!

1 comment:

The Cissells said...

Yum, Yum. Next comes vegetables. Get ready for rainbow poops. It becomes like a gameshow. "Guess what Eva ate for dinner last night". You'll really enjoy that.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker