Sunday, July 27, 2008

Show-Off

This weekend we had the opportunity to show off Eva a lot. On Saturday afternoon Eva and I had lunch with Megan. It was great to see her, celebrate her birthday (a little late) and catch-up. I can't wait to be able to share a margarita with you Megan!
Then later that afternoon Nikki, Brad, Katie and Katie's friend Mariah stopped by in-between some of Katie and Mariah's soccer games. Eva was fast asleep in her swing during the visit. I guess the trip out to eat earlier in the day really wore her out!
Today we went to church and were able to make it through the entire sermon this time! Yeah! Here are some pictures of Eva all dressed up in her Sunday best:



Then later this afternoon Gilbert's friends from high school Juan and Claudia and their 3 sons stopped by. They are completely without power or water in the Valley because of Dolly - so they decided to take a little vacation and visit some family in Austin. Claudia is pregnant with her 4th - and it is a little girl that they will name Leah (one of my favorite girl names!). They brought Eva a present and from the looks of it, she really likes it!

This week my goal is to work on getting Eva a little more on a schedule. I really need to try to get her to nap about 3 times during the day and am learning that I am not a horrible mother if I put her in her swing or in her co-sleeper (even if she is not sleeping). Gilbert reminded me today that Eva is probably like me - and needs her alone time. So that is what I will attempt this week. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

thebanetfamily said...

She's so beautiful!

Ms. Kitty said...

She is looking so adorable! Love that little bow headband. :)

Megan said...

What can I say? I'm 2 for 2 with her showing off! :) Hope to hang out again soon.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker