Thursday, February 21, 2008

Weird Lady at the Gym

One of the reasons I like my gym is because it mainly caters to the older crowd. I don't have to look at any young super fit girls or big beefy men. Even most of the trainers are more normal looking. Most of the clients there are middle aged professionals and are super nice. But there are always a few weird ones.
Today I went to my usual spin class and took my usual bike. There are about 20 bikes in the room - and todays class just had 6 participants. So plenty of room to spread out, right??
Well, not for one person. She comes in and gets on the bike that is closest to me. And then mentions that she has been sick with the flu for the past two weeks. One would think that if you were sick and insistent on going to the gym - you would try and stay away from people. Not get on the bike next to the pregnant woman?!?
All during class I heard this strange noice. It wasn't singing or humming or talking - but something in-between. I convinced myself that I was just imagining it - up until the end of class. The last song was "City of New Orleans" by Willie Nelson. According to her, this was her favorite song, so she just started belting it out while riding. At that point I realized that this woman had been making those strange sounds all throughout class. I wasn't crazy!!
I am hoping that maybe she was just hopped up on flu medicine. But I am partial to believing that she is just a bit off. For those of you that live in Austin - she is the typical Westlake kept woman. WEIRD!! Hoping that next week she finds another bike!

3 comments:

The Cissells said...

Leave it to Willie Nelson to bring out the extreme weird in people. How do you bike to City of New Orleans? That's not really a song that gets me motivated.

heather said...

Hello & congratulations on you pregnancy! I found your blog while searching for gliders that would match our Capretti crib. We ordered a different style but the rubbed black is the same. My dilemma is finding a glider that matches our lovely dark furniture. Would you mind sharing with me the name of your glider?
Thank you,
Heather in Seattle

The Aguilars said...

The chair is from the Storytime Series by Best Chairs Inc. Their website is www.BestChairs.com. Congrats to you as well!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker