Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Nursery

On Sunday Gilbert and I ventured to USA Baby to select our baby bedding and baby furniture. I went on Saturday to ask all my questions and narrow down the options so that Gilbert wouldn't miss too much football while shopping!

We ended up selecting Capretti furniture and a bedding set called "French Cuffs". The furniture will be in "rubbed black" and should be in within 12 weeks. What is so great about the crib is that it will convert into a toddler bed and then a full size bed. This particular manufacturer sells all the conversion parts with the crib, so even if they discontinue the model we have, we will still be able to covert it down the road. The bedding set is black and cream - and we will use red as an accent color. We are hoping that the baby will cooperate next week at the ultrasound, but even if it doesn't, I can still start the decorating process!!

We also ordered a black and cream checked glider with ottoman, a black changing table and a crib mattress that will also be the mattress for the toddler bed. We still have a lot to do, but it feels great to have some of the bigger purchases checked off our list!





French Cuffs





Love the polka dots!



2 comments:

The Cissells said...

I love the furniture. One thing I wish we had was a bedside table. It was a great idea to go ahead and get that now. I hope that the baby cooperates next week too. I can't wait to KNOW for sure that another girl is on the way.

The Cissells said...

I was looking at the pics again. It also looks nice with pink accents.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker