Sunday, January 27, 2008

Painting the Nursery

On Sunday Gilbert and I decided to paint the nursery. I have never painted before - and was reminded why I hate it so much. I am really not into all the prep work. It took us a good 2 hours of taking down pictures, caulking, taping, putting down paper, etc. I painted for about 20 minutes before one of Gilbert's friends showed up to help. Then I was released of my duties:) While they painted, I went to Home Depot to get another gallon of paint (we underestimated, big time) and get new light switch and electric outlet face plates.
Before - Blah

After - Ralph Lauren Verona Pink Satin Finish

After the painting was done, Gilbert assembled our new chair and changing table (Amy, you would have loved assembling that changing table!). The rest of the furniture should arrive in a month or two, but it feels great to already have the room painted and a few things in there!



As the paint was drying, Gilbert did yet another home improvement project and hung a Roman shade on our backdoor. It is much better than the towel that we hung over the window to block the sun!


2 comments:

The Cissells said...

I love the pink with the black. Very cosmopolitan baby. Gilberto and friend did a great job. I love the glider and ottoman. You are going to be so glad you got those. I still wish I would have gotten them. Looking good. She is one lucky girl to have such a cool room.
Oh, I love the gold shade too.

thebanetfamily said...

What a beautiful room! I love your color choices!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker