Saturday, April 11, 2009

Megan's Baby Shower

Me, Amanda Lopp Jost, Katie Peter Mitchell, Megan Young McMillin, Lindy Burton Short

It seems that most of my friends are pregnant right now. From April until October, I know at least one woman giving birth! My wonderful friend in California Nicolle is due at the end of April/beginning of May; Amanda a friend from high school is due in June; my cousin Jen in July; my best friend Megan in August; my good friend Jenny in Austin is due in September; and my bosom buddie Katie is due in October. And I also know a handful of friends and acquaintances that are due in the next few months as well. New babies and mamas all over the place!!

The pregnant ladies at the party - Katie, Amanda, Megan and Erin



Today was Megan's baby shower. I was excited to see her and for our mini-reunion of high school friends. Megan, Katie, Lindy and I got together over Christmas, but we haven't seen our friend Amanda since high school. The only one missing from our group was Kelly - who I haven't seen since we played at her wedding years ago. Thank goodness for myspace and facebook which have allowed us to all keep touch over the years!!

I remember sitting at my house during our senior year of high school as we all talked about who would get married first and who would have babies first. I am not too sure any of us got our predictions right!! I think marriage order ended up being Lindy, Kelly, Katie, me, Megan and Amanda. And babies ended up Lindy, Kelly, me, Amanda, Megan and Katie. But it was so nice that 12 years later we can all still sit down and talk together like no time has passed. It also reminded me of the great gift of friendship and how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends. It motivated me to get out more often and spend time with my friends who live here!!

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker