Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Week 17 & Dr. Visit




I am almost done with my 4th month - yeah!!! But it also means that this is the last week that I have to sleep on my back. Sleeping on my side all night continues to be really tough for me!


Last Monday Gilbert and I went to see my new doctor (my old doctor moved to Houston). Dr. Reue was very nice and we both felt comfortable with him immediately. He lifted many of my "restrictions" - I can have beef (cooked anyway except rare), cheese in restaurants, color my hair, do lunges and squats and continue to do ab exercises on a stability ball. I can also travel to Mexico. I feel like this huge pressure of having to watch every little thing that I do and eat is off. What a relief!


He also decided to do a sonogram, since he had never seen the baby. Gilbert and I were super excited - as we hoped to be able to see if it is a boy or a girl. I really couldn't see the monitor - as I let Gilbert see the baby. He was amazed at how you could make out the facial features, the hands, the feet, the spine. He was super excited!!! The baby was sitting Indian style and would only move one of its legs. It kept that other leg tucked in tight!! When the doctor tried to get the baby to move, it decided to take its hands and put them "down there". I think we have a little joker on our hands!!! The doctor did mention that he got a few glimpses and he thinks it is a girl. But we should know next month after the ultrasound. Hopefully the baby will cooperate then!


I am feeling good. Still able to work out - which is really helping me to feel better about myself! I am starting to get pains in my knees and hips - which is all normal as my ligiments start to stretch out. I just have to remind myself not to get up so fast or move to suddenly. Can't wait to see what this next month brings!

1 comment:

The Cissells said...

You are looking super cute with your belly.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker