Friday, July 27, 2007

Something New

They say that you should learn something new every day.
Today I went to see my wonderful masseuse Negeen. Besides regular massage, Negeen does pre-pregnancy massage, baby massage and is certified as a Medusa. One of the things that she is working on is putting together a post-pregnancy package - not just for massage, but for support during the first few months after the baby is born.
She shared with me that Native Americans would take care of a woman 40 days after she had a baby. They would bring over meals, clean, take care of the baby - anything they could to support the Mom. The tribe came together to help the new parent deal with the physical and emotional. How amazing is that?
That is my new fact for the day. And it also means that I will be leaning on my "tribe" the first 40 days after I have a little one:)

1 comment:

The Cissells said...

I will certainly love to help. But I don't know if I can swing 40 days of pampering you. That is hard work.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker