Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Week 9


So far I am liking Week 9. Either my morning sickness has subsided, or I have learned how to deal with it better (by staying off too many carbs in the morning and eating some protein). My belly is showing a little bit more - which is cute. But I also want to tell people that I am pregnant and don't just need to lose 5 pounds!! I have refused to get on the scale (why do that to myself) - and have learned to eat when I am hungry and have plenty of snacks around!! Note to any future mothers - Bella Bands are the best inventions. It allows you to still wear your regular pants - and just not button the top button. For any non-moms, it is also a good way to eat a lot during the holidays and not have to buy new pants:)

Gilbert is loving the fact that we now have junk food in the house. I used to never allow it, but I have resorted to buying Little Debbies and single-serving Pringels packs. That way when I feel the need to have something sweet/salty - I just have one of my treats. If I were to make brownies or buy a bag of potato chips, I am sure they would be devoured all at once!

My doctor gave me the book "What to Expect When You are Expecting" and I have to say that it is probably the worst and most depressing book out there. Sure it has plenty of information, but it also makes you feel like your pregnancy is a disease that needs to be treated - instead of a wonderful process that is going on in your body. It stresses so much about healthy eating and not gaining a lot of weight. Like people don't already know that?!? And to make matters worse, it puts comments in there like "75% of women who are overweight when they deliver struggle with breastfeeding". Like I need any more pressure to not gain too much weight?!? So for any of you out there that get pregnant down the road, do yourself a favor and don't buy or crack open this book. There is plenty of positive/good information out there - and this book is not it!
My energy levels have increased, which is good because I have been very behind in keeping the house clean, doing laundry, going to the grocery, etc. Hoping that this increase in energy stays around for awhile!!

2 comments:

The Cissells said...

Bring on the Baby Belly!!

The Magels said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am so excited for you. What a blessing for you both. You look adorable...talk to ya soon.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker