Tuesday, October 16, 2007

10-Year High School Reunion

This past weekend Gilbert and I went to Indiana for my 10-year reunion. It is always wonderful to make a trip "back home" and I was glad I went to my reunion - although it was an eye-opening experience at how much people don't change!

We arrived Saturday afternoon and went directly to Harvest Homecoming for some lunch. Harvest Homecoming is my hometown's big festival - they have lots of booths and tons of great food. My sister and I had some trouble finding the Gyro booth - as they have moved it from years past. Although I haven't been in probably 6 years - so who knows when it actually changed locations!!! It was just as delicious as ever!!! I then tried to find the Floyd County Youth Symphony booth to get a brownie with hot fudge and ice cream. My parents, sister and I used to work this booth together for I don't know how many years!!! But, this year I couldn't find it. So Gilbert and I settled for one of Amy and Cory's finds - homemade donuts!!

That evening the reunion was held at Culbertson West - a great location. It was really good to see and spend time with 2 of my closest girl friends from high school as well as some of the guys that I was friends with. I won the award for the furthest distance traveled - whoo hoo.
The rest of the time spent in Indiana was family time and relax time. It is always good to be home!!


My sister calls this the Prom Picture


The only picture I took of Sophie:( She is getting so big!!

2 comments:

The Cissells said...

We had fun on your visit. Come back anytime!

Megan said...

Yeah, I heard from Erin (she's friends with Shannon Leist) that they had awards. We really have to get together soon cause I'm curious to hear more about this. I'm going to drive you crazy with questions!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker