Friday, August 31, 2007

Football Season

So I like to joke that this is the time of year where I go from being a married woman to a single woman - since it is the beginning of football season. This means that Gilbert will be parked in front of the TV and/or computer watching games whenever possible. And lucky for me, we have NFL network, so any game that Gilbert might miss, he will be able to see the repeat.

This is my 3rd year at planning fantasy football with the guys from Guaranty Bank. The first year I didn't fare so well, but last year I did manage to come in 4th. My goal this year is to make the play-offs!!!

Last night was the draft party. Many of the leagues now do everything on-line, but we do it the old fashioned way where everyone gets together and shouts out their player. There is no time limit, so the entire process last night took 3 hours!! (We have 14 teams)

My roster:
QB - Tom Brady - New England
QB - Tarvaris Jackson - Vikings
RB - Shawn Alexander - Seahawks
WR - Marques Colston - Saints
RB - DeShawn Foster - Panthers
WR - Donte Stallworth - New England
WR - Reggie Brown - Eagles
RB - Anthony Thomas - Buffalo
WR - Eddie Kennison - Kansas City
TE - Ben Watson - New England
Kicker - Shayne Graham - Cincinnati
Kicker - Billy Cundiff - Falcons
Defense - Jaguars
Defense - Giants

3 comments:

The Cissells said...

Good luck on your team! Why didn't you pick any Colts players?

The Aguilars said...

Usually people select running backs and wide receivers on the first 2 rounds, because they give you the most points. Peyton was taken 1st round. My boy Drew was also taken 1st round. The rest of the colts players went fast. The only one I could have taken would be the Colts for defense - and that is not their strong suit!!

thebanetfamily said...

I don't understand a word that you just said, but it sounds like fun. Gary loves football, too, but my idea of a Bowl game is something along the lines of an ice cream bowl.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker