Sunday, June 24, 2007

Relaxing (and a bit unproductive) Weekend


Gilbert and I had a really nice weekend. We went to dinner on Friday night and afterwards went driving around South Austin. We ended up way South - on 1826 and found our dream neighborhood called "The Overlook at Lewis Mountain". We had the windows rolled down and could actually hear the sounds of the country. Each home was on at least an acre lot and had amazing views of the Hill Country. We just have to work really hard over the next few years - as the cheapest house in the area was $480,000!! But it is always good to have goals, right?!?

On Saturday morning I met my friend Danyelle at Cafe Monet for lunch and pottery. Cafe Monet lets you bring your lunch in and pick a piece of pottery and paint it. They will glaze it and fire it. I picked a medium size bowl and painted the outside a midnight blue and the inside black. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it comes out okay! Art (and a steady hand and patience) are not my forte!

On Saturday night we went to Joe and Rebekah's for poker night. We played for about an hour and a half and I managed to double my money and Gilbert managed to lose his in the last hand. I think he did it on purpose (lose that is) - always having to go out with a bang!


On Sunday morning we taught Sunday school and had kinder. I LOVE kinder - they are so much better than the 3rd graders that we had before. They still like being around adults and have not yet learned how to be bad! I think we are going to try and stick with them!

What we should have done this weekend was some cleaning and some yard work. We have been getting lots of rain - which is great - but it has also caused our backyard to once again look like a forest. I don't know what we are going to do!!!

1 comment:

The Cissells said...

I am glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend. You need your rest in order to keep up with Sophia Grace this weekend. Put on your Heelys. She loves to run!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker