Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fishing Round 2

Today Gilbert and I decided to try fishing again, but we drove to Avon - about 30 miles further south. I liked the Pier there a lot better. It was as long and didn't move so much in the wind. And we were successful!!



The man at the Pier recommended blood worms as bait - and blood worms are super gross. But the fish seemed to like them. I caught 2 - actually 3, but the first one fell off before we finished reeling it up. Gilbert caught a bunch (I grew tired of fishing after 20 minutes and resorted to reading). We threw all the fish back - I couldn't think of actually killing them and eating them!!





For lunch we stopped at Bubba's for some good Carolina BBQ. For those of you that don't know, I grew up in North Carolina and prefer NC BBQ to Texas BBQ. Gilbert looked at the lady like she was crazy when she asked if he wanted cole slaw ON his sandwich. Gilbert doesn't understand that the cole slaw makes the sandwich!!

Here are the nachos with salsa. Note that the salsa is the tomatoes, olives, green onions, and jalapenos (sweet, not spicy).


Here is North Carolina's version of sliced beef.

Here is my wonderful pork sandwich with cole slaw on the meat!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like you all are having a wonderful time. I am so jealous! I would love to be on the beach!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker